...Calories...Again.
I counted calories before when I was about 16 and it got a little out of hand. I went grocery shopping two days ago with my roommate and I constantly looked at the calorie count of each item placed in the cart. I've chosen a lot of blue menu items mostly because they are low in fat and low calorie, and I actually found out that I love them!
I'm doing about 1200 calorie/day count right now and today is technically the first day. I'm not going to post everyday but I figured I would post todays meal plans:
Breakfast:
1 1/4 cup Corn flakes
1/2 cup milk
Lunch:
Sandwich - lettuce, mustard, and blue menu Mediterranean shaved chicken
1/2 cup cucumber
3/4 cup Blue menu blueberry pomegranate yogurt
Snack:
13 Vegetable thins
Supper:
Blue Menu Mediterranean chicken
1/2 potatoes
1/2 carrots
Snack:
9 Mini Peanut Butter & Crackers
100 Cal cheetos
Total: 939
It seems like a lot of food to me but maybe it's because I'm portioning it out. I have some room between what I have now and the 1200 I am allowed. I did have a campino this morning, I can't accept any food from others.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First of all, unless you're an elf - that's not nearly enough food... Especially if you're physically active.
Second, those corporate snacks have tons of junk in them that look innocuous on the calorie meter but will wreck your system. They're made to make you eat more, not less.
Switch to natural snacks like nuts or berries, avoid eating anything sold on TV and get some new sports or physical activities on the go if you're very worried about holding onto calories.
Dan, not sure if you will see this, as I didn't even notice yours until right now, I never get comments.
I agree completely. This was my starting calorie count, things changed very quickly once I started working out, burning almost half my calorie intake. Small error in judgment, but I got it fixed quickly haha
Post a Comment